utthita ashwa sanchalanasana
1. On your hands and knees in Table pose, step the right foot forward between the two hands, with the knee directly over the ankle. Tuck the back toes under and straighten the back leg.
Floyd Yoga Jam
A weekend celebration of yoga, movement, music & art in Virginia
Yoga + Music + Boulder, CO. “Raise the Vibration” June 13-16.
2. Press the palms, fingers or fists into the floor to lift the crown of the head up towards the ceiling. Roll the shoulders down and back and press the chest forward. Look straight ahead with the chin parallel to the floor.
3. Extend the back leg by pressing the heel towards the floor and by pressing the back of the knee up towards the ceiling. Relax the hips and let them sink down towards the floor.
4. Breathe and hold for 2-6 breaths.
5. To release: Lower the left knee down and sl >
6. Repeat on other side.
Benefits + Contraindications
Benefits: High lunge opens the hips and chest, stretches the groin and legs, lengthens the spine and strengthens the lower body.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury to the legs or hips.
Modifications + Variations
Modifications: Use yoga blocks under the hands.
Variations: This is an easier variation of this pose is Low Lunge.
Use one or more of the following postures to build a sequence leading up to this pose: Table, Down Dog.
Use one or more of the following postures to build a sequence ending after this pose: Table, Down Dog, Standing Forward Fold, Warrior I, Warrior II.