Fitness Diva: Cover Model Michelle Lewin Talks With Simplyshredded.com
Height: 5’4″ – 162 cm
Weight: 120 lbs – 54 kg
How did you get started with bodybuilding?
I’ve been modelling for a few years, and a part of my job was to stay in shape. I loved it and it led me to became a total gym rat. After months of intense training the abs started to show and I was enjoying the fitness lifestyle. Suddenly the modelling requests were coming from Fitness Magazines and Supplement companies.
A friend of mine told me to compete in the next NPC bikini competition so I gave it a shot. It was such a thrill to step on stage!
Where does your motivation come from?
I would say the mirror. There’s nothing more motivating than when you find a new vein! Am I crazy? Probably, but it’s true! Progress is what motivates me to keep pushing harder and not give up. Also it’s extremely motivating to have so many female fans.
I never thought I would get to that point, especially since I’m an ex Playboy Cover Model. But girls! Thanks! I love you! You’re the best!
What workout routine has worked best for you?
- Chin Ups (Wide Grip) 4×12
- Chin Ups (Normal Grip) 4×10
- Row Machine 4×12
- T-Bar Rows 4×12
- Dumbbell Curls 6×12
- EZ Bar Curls 4×12
- Straight Bar Cable Curls 4×12
- Lying Leg Curls 4×12
- Seated Leg Curls 4×12
- Deadlifts 4×10-15
- Seated Calf Raises 8×20
- Standing Calf Raises (Smith Machine) 6×20
- Standing Dumbbell Tricep Extensions 6×12
- Skull Crushers EZ Bar 4 X 12
- Rope Overhead Cable Extensions 4×12
- Military Press 4×10
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3×10
- Upright Rows with EZ Bar 4×12
- Side Lateral Raises 4×10
- Lunges 4×12
- Good Mornings 6×20
- Leg Press (Single Leg) 4×15 (Each Leg)
- Squats 4×12
- Hanging Knee Raises 4×12
- Crunches 4×20
- Crunch Machine 4×12
- Crunches On Ball 4×20
If you had to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- Sprints – Helps tighten that booty and burns fat at the same time
- Lunges – Great exercise to really target my leg muscles
- Side Lateral Raises – Boring for some people but I love to train shoulders and I feel that side raises have really helped sculpt my delts
What is your diet like?
- Meal 1: Oatmeal with Big Blend from Betancourt Nutrition
- Meal 2: Ham with Swedish Crackers (Wasa)
- Meal 3: Chicken Breast with Brown Rice
- Meal 4: Pork Chops with Salad
- Meal 5: Beef with Asparagus & Spinach
- Meal 6: Salmon with Broccoli
- Meal 7: Casein Protein Shake (Before bed)
When trying to cut down do you prefer to use HIIT or just normal cardio?
I just love to sweat like a maniac. So what ever I feel like: Stair Master, Rollerblading around South Beach Miami or Spinning classes. I keep the intensity high and make sure that I am always pushing my hardest.
What is your supplementation like?
Betancourt Nutrition keep stacking up my place with their products, and I have them to thank a lot for the development of my body. I use their Big Blend, Pro Amino, Bullnox and Fulldose.
“Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights” – Ronnie Coleman