Caffeine in Energy Drinks – How Much Caffeine is in Your Drink?
Have you ever wondered how much caffeine is packed in that energy drink you chug down every day? Have you ever felt jittery, panicky or just plain weird after pounding down your favorite drink and wonder what is wrong? Well, you might be surprised to learn just how high the caffeine levels are in many of the most popular energy drinks on the market today. For a comparison, here is a short list of the caffeine content in various types of normal drinks consumed:
- Instant coffee (heaped teaspoon) 50-60 mg of caffeine
- Filtered coffee (medium – 125 ml) 60-100 mg of caffeine
- Espresso (small – 80 ml) 70-80 mg of caffeine
- Tea (medium – 125 ml) 30-60 mg of caffeine
- Coke (can – 330 ml) 40-45 mg of caffeine
Now, check out the list below and find your favorite energy drink and see how it compares. You might be surprised just how much caffeine you’re consuming on a daily basis. Take a look at the list of energy drinks below and find out!