Best Ninja Blender for Smoothies and More!
Last Updated: 7 January, 2019
Have you been looking for a Best Ninja Blender of 2018 to buy or do you want to read some unbiased Ninja blender reviews ? Then you have come to the right place!
Two most frequently asked question on internet regarding a ninja blender are- Which Ninja Blender should I buy ? and How Ninja is differ from other popular blender b rands?
The marketplace can be overwhelming with an array of ninja blender models, making it difficult for you to decide on the best ninja blender. The essence of this Ninja blender review guide, therefore, is to guide you through the process of selecting and buying the blender that is right for you. We will also try to answer all of your queries about Ninja Blender. If you have any further queries regarding any specific ninja model, feel free to ask question in the comment box.
N.B: There are different models available in different Ninja Blender Line. All the models of any blender line are very similar. So basically it’s little bit confusing for any one, to find a right ninja blender model from any blender line. Although the models are close enough to each other, but they have their own merits and demerits.
Therefore, We’ve done a lot of research before writing this guide and make a list of only the top blender models those are recommended by product review sites ( Consumer reports, Wire Cutter etc.) and those are performing well in various tests. After that, We also put together all the important information like- the latest updates and users reviews of those Ninja blenders, so that you can easily compare them and make a good buying decision.
Our Top 9 Best Ninja Blender
[ Ninja Blender Comparison Chart ]
|Model||Dimensions||Motor Power||Max Blend Capacity||Best Features||Check Price|
|Nutri Ninja BL482|
Digital Countdown Disply Timer.
2 Nutri Ninja Cups.
Single Serve Smoothie Cups
64Oz for food processing.
72Oz crushing pitcher.
16Oz for making drinks.
Food processor unit.
24Oz for making smoothie drinks.
Double wall stainless steel cups which keeps your drinks cold upto 4hrs
64Oz for food processing.
Multiple speed options.
40Oz for food processing.
16Oz for even chopping.
40Oz meal preparation bowl.
1. Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ Review
Best Ninja blender for smoothies (Low price range)
This amazing Blender series is a great option for people who want to combine style and functionality. These series of blenders are one of the best from Shark Ninja and are available in different models, which are the Nutri Ninja BL 480/481/482/486 respectively.
It’s also known as Nutri Ninja single serve blenders with Auto-IQ because It does not come with any food processor bowl as like the Ninja Compact Blender (BL492).They are equipped with state of the art Auto-IQ technology, which provides an excellent extraction of your fruits and vegetables while retaining the nutrients and vitamins as well as great taste.
My favorite is the Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ BL482 model, which is an upgrade of the basic Ninja BL450 series, and I will tell you a bit about it in a second.
What is Auto-IQ and How it Works?
The Auto-IQ is a pre-programmed setting that are optimized to deliver those consistent results all at the touch of a button. The Auto-IQ programs do the work for you. That’s called one touch intelligence.
Key Findings of the Ninja BL482 Review: Why Should You Buy It?
- It has the Auto-IQ technology with pre-programmed functionality. This impressive feature gives you the right blend of your ingredients with no guesswork required.
- A pulse button for chooping vegetables and nuts.
- The blender comes with three different size jars- 18oz, 24oz, 32oz . These jars are suitable for making different portion of your smoothies, especially the 32oz, which is large enough to fit a generous amount of fruits and vegetables for smoothies. The smaller 18 oz jar, which is great for making single serve smoothies or drinks on the go.
- This Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ has 1000-Watt motor base with a sturdy design and stylish finish. It’s powerful and can crush through ice, whole fruits and vegetables within seconds.
- It’s also equipped with a special Nutri Ninja Pro Extractor Blade . The blade rotates at high speeds of up to 21,000 RPM and liquefies all your ingredients into a smooth and nutritious juice. The blade is removable for easy cleaning process.
- One of the coolest things of this blender is, it’s auto-shutoff feature , which stops the blender when it becomes too hot.
- A digital countdown display timer . This great feature allows you to observe your preferred blending duration. The fun part comes when you take advantage of the hands-free blending style that controls the blending session.
- Cleaning the ninja BL482 is so simple because there’re no cravices for food to get stuck in.
- Two different speed level for blending many different types of foods.
- The control panel is easy to operate.
- It’s a compact blender which is easy to store.
- The Nutri Ninja cups are made from Eastman Tritan (a durable BPA-free plastic).
- It can grind coffee beans.
- Fantastic at making protein shakes & milkshakes.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- The pro extractor blade is rust-proof & dishwasher safe.
- Unique jar design that ensure proper blending of ingredients from top to bottm.
What We Didn’t Like
- Not suitable for hot ingredients or liquids.
- The machine can’t handle dry ingredients without water.
- The blender is moderately loud.
Comparison Between The Models:
The Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ series has 3 different blender model, which are Ninja BL480/481/482. All the available models are pretty much similar, although there’re some dissimilarities between them. Let’s find out them:
If we compare the BL480 vs. BL481 vs. BL482 , you will notice that, they have quite some features in common. All the three blender model has the same type of motor base and extractor blade. However, they differ in the number of jars and accessories.
The BL481 has an additional 32oz jar while the BL482 has the 32oz jar and a recipe guide. However, the BL480 has two sip & seal lids as against the other two models that have three sip & seal lids.
The Jumbo Multi-Serve 32oz cup is great for serving a large batch of smoothie/drinks at a time. The regular 24oz cup is best for serving 2/3 people and the smaller 18oz Nutri Ninja cup for single serving.
All the cups are BPA free and extremely durable. They’re also transferable and fit in most standard car cup holders .
Ease Of Use:
The Nutri Ninja BL482 has a simple and easy to use control panel with preset functionalities.The panel has four buttons and a timer that gives you full control. Other previous models like the Ninja BL450 do not have this feature, and that is a minus for them.
There are two premium blend modes installed; these are the timed pulsing mode and the Nutri Ninja mode.
1. The Nutri Ninja mode:
The blender has two pre-programmed Nutri Ninja mode.
1. Blend Button (for softer ingredients like-fresh fruits & leafy greens)
2. Ultra-Blend Button (for harder ingredients like-ice, frozen fruits & nuts etc.)
A timer will countdown when using either button that makes the blender so easy to use.
2. The Time Pulsing mode:
You can also blend manually by using the pulse button which needs to be pressed down and held just like using a food processor to chop vegetables. If you press the start button, the blender will run continuously for up to 60 seconds. With the touch of a button, it will blend itself to the desired consistency before shutting off automatically. How cool is that?
The Feature We Love:
With the Ninja BL482, your smoothies can now be made to the perfect consistency. Its pre-programmed Auto-IQ feature is the strongest selling point that got me impressed. This technology allows the smoothie lovers to make their smoothies without no fuss and no hassle. This feature is very popular among the consumers.
Whom Is The BL482 Designed For?
If you are a cook that wants the simplicity from larger Ninja Kitchen Systems in a smaller model than the Nutri Ninja BL482 is for you. It is also a great option for young professionals looking for something stylish and efficiencies that can help them get started with a nutritious breakfast or wind down a busy day with chilled dinner.
This is a great product if you’re just experimenting with green smoothies and looking for a pocket-friendly ninja smoothie blender. It’s also one of the best single/personal serve blender for frozen fruit drinks.
However, if you want to make hot soup & blend hard ingredients with your blender, then this might not be the right choice. The NutriBullet Rx model will be your best option to go for.
Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ 1000 watts blender: Customers reviews
The majority of the customers all had positive things to say about the Nutri Ninja BL482 model. Especially the features they liked most are, the Auto-IQ feature, the auto shut-off feature and the portability of the Nutri Ninja cups. The blender is also adorable among the user’s for it’s single server smoothie cups. Good House keeping has a good rating for this blender line.
However, few other customers mentioned that, the blender is quite noisy. A customer complained about some plastic getting into her first blend. However, she said the subsequent blends had nothing in them. You can fix this problem by simply washing the blender before use. No other customer had this complaint, so it was probably a peculiar one.
Personally, I love the Nutri Ninja BL482 model. It has helped me in preparing great smoothies, and this makes it easy to adhere to my diet plan. The quality of the product and the added Auto-IQ functionality makes it an excellent choice for anyone.
If you’re looking for a personal type blender, with preset function, then the Ninja BL482 will keep you sufficiently happy.
The larger 32oz cup and auto-shutoff feature are also a good addition, and this makes the BL482 better than any other personal blender. If you’re on a tight budget, then the Nutri Ninja BL456 is the best alternative.
2. Nutri Ninja Blender Reviews of Auto-IQ Compact System
[ Models: BL- 490/BL491/BL492/492W ]
The Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ compact system looks like very similar to its previous version which is the Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ BL482 model. But It’s more versatile than the Ninja BL482 model.
One of the key differences between the Ninja BL482 Vs. the Ninja BL492 model is that the Ninja BL492 model equipped with the special smooth-boost technology with Auto-IQ .
I’m sure you’re wondering, what smooth-boosts exactly means? No worries, I’m here to describe you what it’s all about within a second.
What is Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ with smooth boost?
The Ninja’s smooth-boost is a unique technology which takes your blending process to the next level. With the touch of a button, this technology allows you to get an ultra fine, perfectly smooth and deliciously drinkable result.
N.B- The Smooth-Boost feature only comes with the Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ Compact Blending System.
It’s a compact blender that means it’s equipped with more additional feature and accessories. Let’s have a look at all the features and their benefits.
Key Findings of the Ninja Compact system review: Why Should You Buy It?
- It has a 1200 watts motor which gives you the ability to blend toughest ingredients with great consistency.
- The Ninja compact blending system (BL492) model comes with smooth-boost technology that allows you to customize your blending experience. This feature allows you to get even smoother consistency from anything.
- It’s Total Crushing Technology that pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks, smoothies and shakes.
- Its pro-extractor blade breaks down whole fruits and veggies for making nutrient juices.
- 2 Regular Tritan Nutri Ninja Cups with Sip & Seal Lids that allow you to take your nutrient rich drinks on the go.
- The machine also includes 40oz or 5 cup blend & prep bowl with dough and chop blade, which is great for mixing doughs, sauces, dips, and mixes.
- It also comes with a 24 oz stainless steel Nutri Ninja cup which keeps your drinks colder for up to 4 hrs.
- The smooth boost technology works perfectly to make super delicious creamy frozen smoothies.
- It has combined with both manual and preset button.
- Four Auto-IQ programs that are optimized to deliver the consistent results all at the touch of a button.
- Control panel is super easy to use.
- Ideally designed for preparing the dough and small meal.
- It doesn’t take much space into your kitchen.
What We didn’t like
- It’s too loud when blending.
- The l >
Our Verdict On Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ Compact Blending System
The basic Ninja Auto IQ model was the lack of a bigger jar. Thanks to the Ninja Company for upgrading their feature in Auto-IQ series. Now you will have the ability to blend a large amount of foods at a time with a touch of a button. It has a 40oz jar which is enough to blend and mix a large batch of smoothies, margaritas, etc.
The customer loved this model for its strong motor power and versatilities. If you just want a blender for single serve smoothie, then it’s not going to be a perfect choice. You should go for the Ninja BL482 model which is strong enough to blend and mix ingredients.
3. Nutri Ninja Duo with Auto-IQ Reviews
Best Ninja Blender for Icy Drinks & Frozen Margaritas
Shark Ninja hits the markets again with yet another ergonomically designed blender series. These blender series include the following models: BL640/BL641/BL642. The Nutri Ninja Duo blenders are not just beauties to behold, but some of the best modern blenders currently available on the market.
These blenders are designed to ensure maximum productivity and are equipped with five Auto-IQ functionality, a total crushing technology that guarantees 100% nutrient extraction and a whole three manual speed setting.
In my view of these blenders, the best model in the series appears to be the BL642. The following points highlight the main features of this incredible machine.
Key Findings of the Ninja BL642 review: Why Should You Buy It?
- A 1500 watts/2HP motor, that can handle most of the hard ingredients like- coffee beans, carrots, nuts etc.
- It comes with three jars with capacities of 18oz,24oz,32oz and a pitcher of 72oz respectively, which gives a broad choice for a small serving or something more for the whole family.
- The Nutri Ninja duo blender is equipped with five Auto-IQ programs that ensure that your fruits and vegetables get just the right amount of blending or processing. With this feature, all you need to do is get your ingredients ready and allow the machine to do the magic.
- It equipped with a pro extractor blade with 24,000 RPM, with three manual speed buttons (Low, Medium and High), which makes it possible for the machine to perform at the pace you want.
- Just like others in the series, this blender features a dishwasher-safe construction, safety interlock design that ensures stability when blending.
- One outstanding feature of the Nutri Ninja Blender Duo is its multifunctional capability, which makes it usable as a shredder, blender, grinder or chopper.
- Large 72oz blender pitcher is enough to make a large batch of smoothies and purees at a time.
- Pitcher has a big handle with good grip which ensure easy pulling.
- Equipped with both manual and preset button.
- Five state of the art Auto-IQ programs that makes blending a breeze.
- Very easy to use control panel.
- Ideally designed to avoid leakages.
- The suction feet keep it in place while blending.
- Single-serve smoothie cup is so convenient for smoothies on the go.
What We Didn’t Like
- It is relatively loud when in operation but lasts for less than a minute.
- It’s not able to make hot soup but can make warm soup.
- The l >
Comparison Between The Models:
If we compare the available models of Nutri Ninja Due series, you will notice that, they differ in the motor power & the number of accessories. Both BL 640/BL 641 has a 1300 watt motor while the BL642 has 1500 watts. The Ninja BL640 comes with a 72oz large pitcher and two 24oz nutri ninja cups while the Ninja BL641 comes with a 72oz pitcher, a 24oz and a 32oz nutri ninja cup.
The Ninja BL642 model comes with a 72oz larger pitcher, a 18oz, a 24oz and a32 oz nutri ninja cups.
N.B: All the accessories are BPA free and dishwasher safe. The jars are made of Eastman Tritan plastic.
Ease Of Use:
The Nutri Ninja Blender Duo blender is built with ease of use in mind. The buttons on its panel are easy to understand. The Nutri ninja duo model has five preset functions with Auto-IQ technology and three manual programs.
The five preset functions are following:
- Blend : For blending softer Ingredients like- fresh fruits, leafy greens, protein-powders, and yogurt.
- Ultra-blend : Especially for harder ingredients like – frozen fruits, carrots, kale, etc.
- Frozen fruit smoothie : This function work great with total crushing blades to make frozen drinks ,frozen desserts, frozen margarita, milkshakes, and certain smoothies
- Puree : This also works with the total crushing blade for making tomato-puree, sauces & dips.
- Pulse : Use for shake up ingredients and break things down when used in the blender.
N.B: Blend and Ultra-blend programs designed specifically for the Nutri Ninja cups.
The three manual functions are:
You can use any of the manual buttons, which listed above according to the type of ingredients.
N.B: The five Auto-IQ program does not work with every jar. To see which function works with which jar, simply install a jar to the base, turn on the machine and the available function will light-up.
Depending on the quantity of what you wish to blend, you can quickly pick a jar that can hold the desired quantity. The added advantage of the Nutri Ninja Blender Duo is the fact that it comes with a 72oz pitcher. Therefore, if I want to make smoothies for the whole family, the pitcher is my preferred choice.
The Feature We Love:
The feature we liked about the Ninja BL642 is the amazing 1500 wattage output. With such power, the machine can perfectly crush whole nuts, ice, fresh fruits and leafy vegetables with ease to produce the desired juice of your choice. It does this with just the press of a button and retains all the nutritional value.
In addition, the Ninja BL642 has a specific button only for crushing ice and frozen fruits which makes it one of the best ninja blender for frozen fruit smoothies.
Pro tips: To enjoy great tasty smoothies you should use water from a water cooler or a filter.
Whom is the BL642 Designed for?
The BL642 is intended for professional cooks or home users who demand nothing but the best from a blender. You can switch to the ultra-blend mode for frozen fruits, and to the frozen drink and smoothies mode for frozen desserts and drinks while the puree mode is great for sauce and purees.
It’s 72oz large pitcher is the best option for those who often entertain guests . The blender is ergonomically designed for preparing all kinds of dishes like- ice cream, smoothie, puree, frozen fruit dessert, etc in a large batch with the larger pitcher.
The alternative of the Nutri Ninja Duo blender:
If you just want a personal sized blender and not interested in having 1500 watts and 72oz jar, then you should go for the cheaper Nutri Ninja BL482 model , which is 1000 watts and great for single serve smoothies.
If you’re interested in smoothie making and food processing, all-in-one, then you can look for the Ninja BL682 model, which comes with an additional food processing bowl, that can make up to 2 lbs. of dough within a minute.
Customer reviews about Ninja BL642:
Most of the buyers are sufficiently happy with the performance and versatility of this great blender. By researching various review sites , we’ve found that, most of the user adore this blender for it’s different serving size of cups, which allow them to make individual portion of their favorite drinks. Some user love this blender because, it’s easy to use and easy cleanup process.
One Amazon reviewer says that, he love’s Ninja BL642 better than his Vitamix because, the Ninja duo blender is more convenient than high-end blender in terms of usability.
The only common complaint was the loud noise it makes when in use . However, this only lasts for less than a minute, which is the blending time for the perfect consistency. This little issue can be discounted and should not stop you from buying this blender. Some user complain about the lids that does not seal tightly at all , but this only happens when you fill the blender to near the top of the measured markings on the container.
The number of positive reviews written about this blender proves that it is worth the price. Built to carry out almost your entire home blending needs, you can be sure of making excellent smoothies, purees, and frozen fruit drinks. The strong motor (1500 watts) with larger 72oz blender pitcher is one of the biggest selling points for this model.
The user’s highly recommened this blender because it exceeded their expectations.The coolest thing about this blender is the fact that the price is pocket-friendly when compared to others in its category.
4. Nutri Ninja Blender Reviews With Food Processing Bowl
The Ninja Complete Blender System(BL682) appears to be one of the top blender in the company’s series of Complete Blender System. With a sophisticated product like this that comes with Auto-IQ functionalities which reduce any stress, you now have a reason to smile as you cook in your kitchen.
It’s very much similar to the Nutri Ninja duo BL642 model. But it’s more versatile than the previous model, because it includes few more kitchen accessories like- a 64Oz food processor bowl with a chopping blade & a dough hook. It also comes packed with 1500 Watts of power to handle all of your drinks and meal-making needs and a colorful recipe book.
The Ninja Complete blender system comes in two variants, which are the Ninja BL682 and BL682z. However, in this review, we will be looking at the BL682 because of its excellent performance.
Key Findings of the Ninja BL682 Review: Why Should You Buy It?
- Power – The blender boats 1500 watts motor that’s powerful enough to do whatever job you need, whether it’s creating a simple smoothie, crushing ice and frozen fruits.
- Large Food Processing Bowl – With its 1.8-litre (64oz) food processing bowl with a dough blade and a chopping blade, the list of what it can tackle is endless, even chopping and making up to 2 lbs. of dough in 30 seconds.
- Large capacity Blender Pitcher – It comes with a 72oz Pitcher with unique total crushing blade, which pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies.
- Auto IQ Technology – It comes with 5 different (Auto-IQ) preset programms with countdown timer, which ensure proper blending of all kinds of your ingredients.
- Single serve cups – Includes 3 different Nutri Ninja cups (18oz, 24oz and 32oz) with Sip & Seal Lids. These are perfect for creating personalized, nutrient-rich drinks to take on the go. The Nutri Ninja cups works with a Pro Extractor blade which is interchangeable.
- Suction cup feet: The blender has suction cup at the bottom that keeps it in place while blending. These impressive feature ensure that it will not slip over from the counter top.
- Easy to clean: The cleaning process of Ninja BL682 is so convinient. As the detachable parts are dishwasher safe, you can just pop them in a dishwasher and and you’re good to go.
- 5 Auto-IQ programs that does most of the work needed.
- Can be used as a mini food processor beside a blender.
- It can grind coffee beans with great consistency.
- It has manual control buttons for easy access.
- It comes with different cup sizes to suit your needs.
- Locking lid with nice big handle.
- Easy to read buttons.
What We Didn’t Like
- Quite expensive for low budget buyers.
- Not particularly suitable for hot liqu >
The base unit of the Nutri Ninja has nine buttons fixed onto its front, with the description of its functions. An example of such is, the Auto-IQ Nutri Ninja Ultra Blend. At first, this may appear difficult to comprehend, but as go through the manual and try out each preset function, you will get to see how easy it is to use. With the Auto-IQ function, all that is required is to press a button and real for your blends to come to the desired consistency.
In our research we notice that, Ninja Duo’s “Smoothie button” has done an excellent job in making smoothies. Although, there were fewer larger chunks but the texture was generally excellent.
This blender is not great for making soup. There is no preset button for making soup. In our soup making test , we’ve found that, the blender only can make warm (not hot, actually) soup with decent texture and flavor. So, you’ve to heat it in a microwave for a best result.
As like the Ninja bl642 model, the Ninja BL682 also has a special ice crushing button. The Volume measurements of 72oz pitcher are easy to read. All the parts are dishwasher safe and BPA free.
The Feature We Love:
The 64oz food processor bowl that comes with the blender is the most outstanding feature that we love. It provides more versatility like- making the dough, processing hardest ingredients like nut butter, purees, dips, frozen margaritas etc.
In addition, we really love it’s safety interlock design that prevents the blender from initiating blending cycle if the jars are not get fit with the base in a proper way.
Whom is the BL682 Designed For?
The Ninja Complete Blender System BL 682 is suitable for users who want their blender to become an indispensable tool which can blend anything drop into it. If you wish to have a blender that can be used as both a blender and a food processor, without spending a single penny for a food processor than pay your attention to this blender.
What’s the Alternative of Ninja Bl682 Blender?
If you just want a blender that can handle most of your basic blending tasks and not interested in having a food processor unit, then you should go for the Ninja BL482 model which has sufficient power to blend most of your ingredients.
Ninja Blender (BL682) Reviews of Customers and other Authority sites
The Majority of the customers all had positive things to say about the Ninja Complete Blender system BL682 model. They’re highly impressed with it’s amazing features like- the versatility, the motor power, and the larger 72oz pitcher of the blender. Most of the buyers are convinced by its additional functionalities which are not noticeable in the typical blender. One Amazon reviewer prefer it over the most expensive Blendtec and Vitamix, without sacrificing versatility. He says that, this blender makes the smoothest smoothie he has had.
Another reviewer states that, blending time now takes half the time that it did before.
The TopTen Reviews has declared, the Ninja Duo blender as their ” Silver Award winner ” blender. They also states that, you can get a personal and family-sized blender in one box.
As for downsides , there’re some complaints about this blender. Some customers had a poor experience of making milkshakes and puree with the blender. The Good House keeping says that, “although the blender is dishwasher safe, but it showed minor damage after dishwasher cleaning.”
The Nutri Ninja Duo with Auto-IQ BL682 blender is ergonomically designed for providing you with most of the functionalities and accessories you need to blend, puree, make the dough, create smoothies and more. The blender is highly capable and efficient to get your delicious daily smoothies, creamy frozen drinks and varieties of liquid meals at top quality.
Moreover, by comparison with all of the extra accessories and functionalities, honestly I think you will get more bang for your bucks when you invest in Ninja Bl682 blender.